Sunday 22 March 2015

Not a Jump up and down kinda Guy.

I can really relate to this.....just because you dont jump up and down...doesnt mean you dont feel.

The induction is a compliment. I’m not ambivalent. I’m actually looking forward to it. But I’m not a jump-up-and-down kind of guy. If I go to a football game, I sit there and watch it. I’m not waving my arms and carrying on. It doesn’t mean I don’t feel something, you know. I feel it’s healthier to look out at the world through a window rather than through a mirror. With a mirror, all you see is yourself and whatever is behind you.
                             .....Bill Withers on his induction to the rock and roll hall of fame.

I have never been someone who walks into a room and "take's over"...not that I couldn't you understand, I am just happy not making a big show. Bill is a great example of a guy who has feelings which are well presented in his great catalogue of beautiful heartfelt songs. We are all different and that's what makes us interesting to one another......have a great weekend....speak to you soon !

No comments: